Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My LOVE for Footnotes

As most of you know I work at a dance studio in Ceres... This is my 5th year with Footnotes Dance Studio! Now, I have worked for some real assholes in my life! ALL MEN! The one positive thing that I took from my crappy experiences was a BACK BONE! I used to come home crying from the gymnastics gym I worked at almost weekly! James always said, "Kerry, you have to speak up for yourself or people will always run over you..." Guess I took that advice and RAN!

I started dance at age 3 in King City Ca at Pauline's Dance Studio... Black leotard, and pink tights, bun in hair every week! It was instant love! I LOVED to dance and entertain! I was introduced to "The Nutcracker" where I portrayed a mouse! I know, freakin lame right? BUT, I was little, and cute:)

We then moved to Anaheim Hills Ca where I danced at Christines..... Stayed there and did 2 recitals and we were off to move again!

Ending up in Turlock at age 8, my Mom enrolled me with Deborah Morgan.... I danced with Deborah for 13 years.. I had some amazing experiences, including many trips! LA, San Fran, Vegas.... But nothing could compare to the very last trip I was able to make at age 20, to Europe! I traveled to England, Amsterdam, France and Scotland! Danced in Hyde Park in London, The Edinburgh Fringe Festival in Scotland just to name a few. It was a chance of a lifetime! I was on a tour for 2 weeks, never been away from home, and in love with my future husband... I was so home sick! However, the experience was one that I cannot begin to put into words! Simply AMAZING!

I started coaching cheer for a local youth team at age 15... I stayed with Turlock Youth Cheer for 7 wonderful years! I talked the advisors into letting them compete which was something they had never done! It kinda escalated from there! I worked with some amazing young ladies, and some with whom I am still in touch with today..

After I realized I could actually get paid to teach, I moved onto high school cheer teams... Denair High, Delhi High, and then onto a magnificent Co Ed All Star Team named: Turlock Cheer Unlimited! They were the highlight of my coaching career! Kicking ass and taking names! Damn kids were spectacular!

I took some time off from coaching to start my family, and I missed it so! I contacted a local gym owner to see if he'd be interested in starting an all girl all star team... He agreed and I worked with Cheer Force Unlimited All Stars for 2 years... After my 2nd year, I was up to my neck and, had had it with cheer! I was so done! I wanted so badly to go back to my roots and start teaching dance! I wanted to be at a studio that had competitive teams as well as regular classes! Be careful what you wish for!

I met Lindsey Taylor years ago when I danced for Deborah.... We were in the same class... Very sweet, beautiful, curly blonde girl from Ceres.. Always thought she was a little quiet but oh so nice! Little did I know that years later that quiet, pretty girl would be signing my paychecks!

I ran into Lindsey at a local competition in Turlock my last year of cheer.. I said hello, and told her if she was hiring for her studio to please let me know! I wanted OUT of that crazy cheer world! Much to my surprise, she e mailed a few weeks later..

When I started with Footnotes I was so nervous! So scared, I mean I was so much older then the other instructors, and obviously not in the same shape as these little 2o somethings! Talk about intimidation! Almost immediately these people made me feel so welcome! They were funny, and you could tell they were all close! I really didn't think I would be accepted....... I was so wrong!

Five years later and I know I am where I belong... These people are family! I have developed some amazing friendships and bonds with these talented individuals! They have ALL been there for me through good and bad times.... The staff in the above picture are the people I can turn to in any crisis... I could not ask to have a more amazing job! I get to work with the sweetest kids who LOVE coming to dance class! I want to make their experience that much more special each week! Those kids light up my life, and if I am ever down they make me smile!

Netta, Chrissy, Melissa, Roxanne, Linds, Simon, Brianne, Melanie, Twitter, Morgan, Haylee, Sonya, Steph and Pookie:
You are so special to me.... You are not only co workers but you are FAMILY to me.... Thank you for making work such a fun and interesting place to be! Always a good time with this crew.... The work that we create together as a company is PHENOMENAL! Recital after recital we always pull out the most fantastic shows! I love you all so much and am so grateful that you have all come into my life..

Oh, and it's nice to have a boss who appreciates you.. It's also a perk to have that person be one of your very best friends.

YOU ALL ARE SUCH TALENTED AND REMARKABLE PEOPLE.. CHEERS TO ALL OF YOU!
XOXOXO

Peas and carrots

I could go on and on about Footnotes Dance Studio... You can check us out on Facebook or at
www.footnotesdancestudio.com

You won't regret sending your dancer to us! The STAFF will treat you like family...

1 comment:

mommyrocks4 said...

That is not what I said to you.....come on, put on here how it went down...wink wink

You are a blessing to me and the studio. A heart the size of Texas! xo

Bullfights

Bullfights
James's first bullfight this season..

My "other" Family

My "other" Family
LOVE my Footnotes Family!!